Pretotyping workshops deliver training that will allow you to build your team and equip them with innovative tactics and techniques.
Developed at Google by Alberto Savoia (now a Stanford educator), pretotyping teaches us to fail and fail fast. It’s how agile teams learn!
By leveraging tools and techniques to test ideas before building them, you can set the stage for an effective prototyping process without wasting resources on dead-end development.
Pretotyping combines the smallest possible investment of time, money, and resources with the strongest possible learnings.
Apex Innovation and Pretotyping Workshop.
Outcomes and Content Overview
The two-day Pretotyping workshop uses licensed material from Alberto Savoia’s Pretotype Labs LLC and will equip your teams with the necessary skills to accelerate innovation in your business.
The value to your business is reduced spending on the wrong ideas, a higher likelihood of finding ‘the one,’ establishing the entrepreneurial mindset in your people and building and maintaining momentum around your innovation initiatives.
How might we develop and embed a methodology at your business to rapidly experiment with ideas that can add value to your business’s customers.
The objective of the engagement is to deliver a workshop to train key stakeholders across your business in the innovation technique of Pretotyping. Pretotyping (pretend-prototyping) is a technique developed by Google and Stanford to rapidly test ideas at scale and low cost to determine if one should invest in them. The approach is designed to get data from customers as early as possible to validate or invalidate ideas. It is used at companies like Google, Nike, McDonald’s, IKEA, Dominos, Sportsbet to name a few.
The outcome of this workshop will be each participant leaving with actionable Pretotypes based on real business hypothesis to start working on immediately. Possible participants can include representatives from Executive, Product Management, Marketing, Strategy, Legal and Innovation teams.
1. INTRODUCTION TO APEX INNOVATION, PRETOTYPING AND KEY PRINCIPLES OF HYPOTHESIS TESTING.
2. DELIVER TEAM BASED PRETOTYPES TO GENERATE DATA AND CRITERIA FOR LEADERSHIP DECISION MAKING
3. TRAIN THE TRAINER
4. ALL PARTICIPANTS LEAVE WITH A PLAN TO EXECUTE PRETOTYPES IN THEIR OWN DEPARTMENTS/BUSINESS UNITS.
- Day 1
- Morning Agenda
- PART I
- Introduction to Apex Innovation
- PART II
- Introduction to Pretotyping
- PART III
- Data Beats Opinions / Say It With Numbers
- Key Market Hypothesis
- XYZ Hypothesis Format
- Practice examples
- PART I
- Lunch Break and Lunch Discussion
- Afternoon Agenda
- PART IV
- Team exercises #1: Idea -> XYZ Hypotheses -> Pretotypes -> Data (using idea examples chosen by me)
- Teams present results of exercises #1
- PART V
- Team exercises #2: Idea -> XYZ Hypotheses -> Pretotypes -> Data (using your business-specific ideas)
- Teams present results of exercises #2
- PART VI
- From Data to Decisions
- How to choose and combine pretotyping experiments for maximum confidence in the results and data
- Best/Worst Case Scenario Pretotypes
- How to chart and analyze test market data to guide objective decisions
- Objective estimation of probability of success/failure
- Go/No-Go lines
- Team exercises #3: Best/Worst Case Scenarios + Go/No-Go + Objective results analysis
- Q&A on Data to Decision
- PART IV
- Final Q&A and Discussion
- Morning Agenda
- Day 2
(Optional but recommended to help drive adoption of Pretotyping to get the most value for your investment)
- Review Day 1
- Train the Trainers
- Individual pretotype planning
The teams will leave with actionable pretotypes based on real business hypothesis to start working on immediately.
WORKSHOP TEAM SIZE:
Suitable for for 10-20 people.
AUD $25,000 for the full two-day workshop.
AUD $15,000 for One Day.
2. Apex innovation & Pretotyping Leadership Team Introduction
Customised One hour Presentation.
My experience driving early stage innovation in Australia, mentoring scale-up companies through various accelerator programs and real-world innovation leadership at Australian corporates allows me to add value with local examples, anecdotes, and insights.
- Understanding of how Apex innovators drive rapid experimentation and change.
- Understanding how Pretotyping enables you to test and experiment with 10X the number of ideas in hours or days at a low cost to increase your ability to discover disruptive products or services.
Please contact me for pricing as this is customised for your industry.